The Law Office of James Border, P.A. provides international tax planning services to U.S. businesses with operations in other countries as well as international businesses with U.S. tax-reporting requirements and tax liabilities. Whether your business is grappling with international tax law issues or involved in a complex dispute, you need a strategy to minimize your exposure.
By working with a highly adept tax attorney, you will have the confidence to engage in the global markets, knowing that your interests will be protected. Jim offers business clients a full spectrum of international and corporate tax planning services, including:
- Tax efficient cross-border structuring and cash flow management
- Cross-border provision of services (including outsourcing models)
- Tax treaty planning and interpretation
- Value added tax (VAT) management and planning
- Initial “choice of entity” and corporate governance planning
- Acquisitions, dispositions, and mergers
- International compensation planning
- International, expatriate and inpatriate compensation taxation and planning
- International financing and tax indemnities
- DAC 6 Reporting
Jim has a well-earned reputation for seeing trends in the globalization of income tax and proactively advises clients to avoid controversies and/or minimize risk. He has a proven history of providing comprehensive risk evaluations and helping clients implement strategies to mitigate their tax exposure.